DRDO Recruitment for Engineers | 290 Posts | Across India | Apply Online
DRDO Recruitment for Engineers – Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) Job notifications for Scientists & Executive Engineer. Around 290 vacancies are announced by DRDO in various states and disciplines. Eligible candidates are requested to apply for the post before the last date. The detailed eligibility and application process of DRDO Recruitment are given below.
Table of Contents
|Job Role||Scientist & Engineer|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date||30 August 2019|
DRDO Recruitment for Engineers – Detailed Eligibility:
For Engineering in Electronics & Comm/Mechanical /Computer Science/ Chemical/ Production/ Industrial Production/ Textile / Instrumentation/ Civil/ Metallurgy / Aeronautical/ Electrical:
- At least First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in a respective engineering discipline from a recognized university or equivalent.
Applicants must also fulfil ONE of the following additional requirements:
- GATE Qualification: Valid GATE score in the respective engineering paper
- 80% aggregate marks in EQ degree if done from an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or National Institute of Technology (NIT). However, this option is not applicable for GAETEC posts.
Note: Respective discipline in engineering will be any of the following Electronics & Comm/Mechanical /Computer Science/ Chemical/ Production/ Industrial Production/ Textile / Instrumentation/ Civil/ Metallurgy / Aeronautical/ Electrical.
For Chemistry/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Material Science/ Geology/ Food Science:
- At least First Class (condition of First class does not apply to DST posts) Master’s Degree in respective subjects from a recognized university or equivalent.
- GATE Qualification: Valid GATE score in respective subjects.
The respective subject will be any of the following Chemistry/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Material Science/ Geology/ Food Science.
Join Telegram for All Top MNCs Jobs Updates
- Recruitment based on the valid score of GATE 2017/2018/2019.
- Applicants who have appeared in the final year/semester examination
may submit their degree/provisional degree certificate by 30 Sep 2019,
if not able to do so
at the time of filling the application form
Age Limit(As on 31.08.2019):
|Category||Maximum Age Limit in years|
|Un-Reserved (UR) /EWS||28||35||30||28|
|OBC (Non‐creamy layer)||31||38||33||31|
Candidates Can Also Apply in Below Latest vacancy:
- EY Recruitment 2023 As Associate For Graduate in related discipline
- Ditto Off Campus Drive 2023 : Hiring Freshers As Insurance Advisor
- TransUnion Off Campus Drive 2023 Hiring Freshers As Junior Data Engineer
- Cvent Recruitment 2023 As Associate Product Consultant For Any Graduate, Post Graduate
- YASH Technologies Off Campus Drive 2023 : Hiring Freshers As Trainee
- 10 years for PwD (HH) and PwD(OH)
- The upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years for serving Central Civilian Govt. employees.
- Scientist ‘B’ in DRDO: 270 Posts
- Scientist ‘B’ in DST: 6 Posts
- Scientist/Engineer ‘B’ in ADA, Bengaluru: 10 Posts
- Executive Engineer in GAETEC, Hyderabad: 4 Posts
Discipline wise vacancy:
- Electronics & Comm. Engg: 78 Posts
- Mechanical Engg:59 Posts
- Computer Science & Engg: 46 Posts
- Chemical Engg: 11 Posts
- Electrical Engg:12 posts
- Metallurgy: 12 Posts
- Aeronautical Engg:14 Posts
- Chemistry: 5 Posts
- Physics:4 Posts
- Mathematics: 3 Posts
- Material Science:1 post
- Civil Engg:8 Posts
- Geology:1 Post
- Instrumentation Engg:1 Post
- Textile Engg:1 Post
- Food Science*:1 post
- Production/ Industrial Production Engg:1 Post
Join Telegram for All Top MNCs Jobs Updates
DRDO Recruitment for Engineers – Selection Process:
Selection Process will be done on the basis of the GATE scores and/or Descriptive Examination will be required to appear in the personal interview to be held in Delhi.
Screening/ Shortlisting for Descriptive Exam:
- Eligible candidates will be shortlisted for a Descriptive Examination on the basis of valid GATE score in the ratio of 1:25, subject to their GATE score not being below 25% of the GATE score of the first shortlisted candidate.
- All eligible IIT and NIT graduate engineers with minimum 80% aggregate marks in the EQ degree will be called for a Descriptive Examination.
- Candidates who appear for the Descriptive Examination will be further shortlisted for Personal Interview in the ratio of 1:5 in order of merit list prepared on the basis of the Descriptive Examination only.
Scheme of Descriptive/Written Examination:
- The written examination will be of the descriptive type.
- The descriptive examination can consist of two papers of 300 marks each, to be conducted in two sessions of the duration of 3 hours each.
- The Descriptive Examination will be administered in a paper-based format.
Join Our WhatsApp Group for Instant job Notification
- Tentatively, the Descriptive Examination will be conducted at DRDO centers in seven cities (Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kanpur, Kolkata, and Pune) as well as at other common centers, if the need arises.
- Candidates are required to indicate their first and second preference of examination center in the online application form among the listed centers. However, RAC reserves the right to allot any center as per its administrative convenience.
- The Descriptive Examination is likely to be held in October 2019.
Application fee: Rs.100/‐ (payable online only).
Note: There is no application fee for SC/ST/PwD and women candidates.
How to apply for DRDO Recruitment for Engineers:
All interested and eligible candidates are required to register online at the RAC website latest by 30 August 2019.
For More Details: Click here
Apply Link: Click here
To Apply in Latest Diploma Jobs: Click Here