Wiley Job Vacancies 2023-2024 | Hiring as Assistant Editor | Apply Today
Table of Contents
Wiley Job Vacancies 2023-2024: Recently, Wiley posted a job opening for the position of Assistant Editor on its official website. Candidates who have earned their degrees may apply for this position. To do that, one should read over the job description in the article in detail.
Candidates with a PhD degree may apply for this position. We have thoroughly covered the duties and job functions of the mentioned role in this job article, along with the job’s location and income range.
About the Company
With a concentration on academic publishing and educational products, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., also known as Wiley, is an American international publishing company that was established in 1807. For undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education students, the corporation publishes books, journals, and encyclopedias both in print and electronically. It also offers online products and services, training resources, and educational materials.
Wiley Job Vacancies 2023-2024: More Details
|Upto 5.2 LPA
Job title: Assistant Editor
Location: Remote, India
Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
About the role:
Interested in starting a career in research publishing? Wiley’s Comprehensive Editorial Evaluation Team (CEET), which is responsible for managing the peer-review process and decision-making for a portfolio of >120 in-house journals across physical, life, and health sciences, including renowned journals such as Advanced Science, Advanced Materials, and other Advanced journals, Angewandte Chemie, Chemistry Europe titles, Small, physica status solidi, Macromolecular titles, WIREs titles, and Current Protocols is expanding and therefore looking for additional Assistant Editors
How you will make an impact:
- Be responsible for organization of the peer-review process and editorial decision-making from submission until acceptance for publication and export to production – evaluation and triage of submitted manuscripts, reviewer selection, assessment of reviewer reports and revised submissions, and final decision (acceptance or referral and transfer to relevant sister journals).
- Be an active member of a global editorial team and collaborate with other international colleagues on a daily basis.
- Have many (online) interactions with our authors and reviewers – researchers from all over the world.
- Be involved in the strategic acquisition of new content for our journals – for instance, commissioning of invited articles and planning of special issues or series.
- Contribute to (cross-functional/departmental) workflow optimization project workgroups.
- Altogether, gain on-the-job experience in many different aspects of scholarly publishing.
What we are looking for:
- Have a PhD degree & an additional postdoc experience could be beneficial. We are primarily looking for subject experts in Energy and Sustainability (batteries, catalysis, solar cells, etc), Photonics, Physics and Theory (photodetector/LED, etc), Engineering, Technology(devices/sensors/transistors, etc), and general nanoscience/nanotechnology (including bio-related).
- We also welcome applicants with a research background in the same subjects
- Have a passion for science and its communication and are prepared to broaden their knowledge by working across a spectrum of research areas.
- Have a good understanding of the peer-review process (for example, have been previously involved as an editor, author, or reviewer).
- Are self-motivated, diplomatic, and flexible, have outstanding organizational, time management, and communication skills, and have excellent command of the English language (both written and verbal).
- Can collaborate efficiently and effectively on multiple products with many different colleagues in teams across various global office locations.
- Previous experience with a manuscript handling system (e.g., Editorial Manager or ScholarOne), previous publishing/scientific news writing experience, and an interest in data analysis would be advantageous.
How to Apply for Wiley Jobs for Freshers 2023-2024?
Interested candidates those who are eligible for this job can apply for Wiley Jobs for Freshers 2023-2024 by the following apply link as soon as possible on or before the last date.
Apply Link: Click here to Apply
Wiley Jobs for Freshers 2023-2024: Frequently Asked Questions
Q) How to apply for Wiley Recruitment Drive 2023?
Ans: To apply for the Wiley Recruitment Drive 2023, you have to check Wiley official site or Fresheropenings.com.
Q) Does Fresheropenings.com provide Wiley Recruitment Drive 2024 Alerts?
Ans: Yes, Freshersopenings.com provides Wiley Recruitment Drive 2024 Alerts continuously.
Q) What is the Wiley Selection Process?
Ans: The Wiley Selection Process consists of three steps: Aptitude Test, Technical & Interview Rounds.